Plasma Protein as multifunctional ingredient
Plasma protein has excellent functional properties with relation to the stabilization of the water/protein/fat matrix in a large variety of comminuted cooked meat products, such as luncheon meat, frankfurters, bologna and mortadella. By using this protein at the preparation of these meat products the risk is reduced that jelly and fat separation occurs during cooking. The application of recommended concentrations of plasma protein does not influence quality characteristics, such as consistency and sensoric parameters of cooked meat products.
Benefits of Plasma Protein
- Excellent functional properties with relation to the stabilization in a large variety of comminuted cooked meat products
- Reduce the jelly and fat separation of those meat products both with and without phosphate
- Plasma protein does not influence quality characteristics such as consistency when using the recommended concentrations
- Besides waterbinding, plasma proteins are also excellent fatbinders
- Plasma proteins can be applied in high concentrations without sensoric deviations in the end products