✓ Allergen-, GMO-, and E-number free animal fats
✓ Sustainable production processes
✓ Global innovator in animal fats, such as lard and tallow
About animal fats
Animal fats are derived from animals such as cows, pigs, chickens and fishes. We use raw materials out of animal by-products. In comparison to other fats like olive oils or coconut oils, animal fats are usually cheaper, it gives the food a delicious taste and has different health benefits. At Sonac, we produce & distribute different types of fat:
Lard fat is made out of pigs, which can be devided in raw and rendered fats. Our partner Laru distributes products made of Lard, such as Schmaltz.
(Beef) tallow is a rendered fat of cow origin. Because of the high smoke boint, tallow is perfect for high heat cooking. This satured fat is an excellent form of energy and Vitamin D. Tallow is the best fat on the market to use for the production margarines. It is also commonly used in Yorkshire pudding, soups, sauces and marinades.
Sonac animal fats: the benefits
- The functionalities of animal fats are highly comparable to those of vegetable fats;
- Animal fats offer natural flavor advantages, for instance, tallow ads a distinct beef flavor ideal for beef-specific applications;
- Animal fats are ideal in products and applications containing other animal ingredients origin;
- Sonac's edible animal fats offer a reliable means of providing the saturated fats necessary for producing biscuits, soups, and numerous other food products;
- Produced from locally collected by-products, our fats offer you a means of substantially reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
Fats are an indispensable part of today’s food – and of our health and wellbeing. Fats give us energy and support our nerves and brain, skin, tissue and hormones. In the food industry, many different applications rely on fats for adding aroma, flavor, texture – and fun. The protein fraction obtained from the fat production also offers unique benefits for food products, such as improvement of yield, shape, texture and taste. At Sonac, we offer a full range of natural, safe, tasty, sustainable and easy-to-use fat ingredients.
In the food industry, many different applications rely on fats for adding aroma, flavor, texture and mouthfeel. At Sonac, we offer a full range of natural, safe, tasty, sustainable animal fats. We have the capability to fully customize the fats. The very best fats for your very best foods! We also encourage you to check the offer of our sister company Laru, a specialist in added value pork and goose lard products.
As a food manufacturer, you have access to many fats on today’s global market. Our fats of animal origin are sustainable, having a very low environmental footprint. Read more about our sustainable resources.
Why Sonac is the ideal supplier for animal fats
- Non-refined to fully refined fats
- One-stop shop for animal fats
- High volume availability
- Consistent product quality
- Leading expertise, extensive R&D support
- Maximum supply chain control
- Just-in-time deliveries