Are you eager to contribute to the reduction of antibiotics used in animal feed, while avoiding diseases and ensuring healthy growth among your livestock? At Sonac, we have developed and tested many alternatives to antibiotics in feed. Teaming up with Sonac is a choice for healthy animals, healthy people and a healthy planet.
The use and overuse of antibiotics are widely seen as a serious threat to global public health today. In many countries, widespread human use of antibiotics combined with large-scale treatment of livestock and food-producing animals with antibiotics has resulted in growing resistance, with more and more infections failing to respond to antibiotic treatment. Experts say thousands of people around the world die every year from antibiotic-resistant infections.
The good news is that heavy dosages of antibiotics are no longer necessary in feed. At Sonac we have developed and tested many alternatives. For examples, piglets fed diets containing Sonac plasma protein products perform as well as piglets fed diets containing antibiotics.
Here are more facts you need to know about in order to contribute to reducing antibiotics use in feed:
- Plasma can assist in reducing the overall need for medication and supports policies aimed at discouraging the use of in-feed antibiotics
- Plasma may offer an alternative to in-feed antibiotics for weanling piglets
- A good feed intake, as seen with Porcine plasma, improves the health and robustness
- of piglets, significantly reducing reliance on antibiotics
- Highly digestible protein prevents dysbiosis in the hindgut
Piglets fed diets containing Sonac plasma protein products perform as well as piglets fed diets containing antibiotics.
Drawing from top-class food grade facilities, our processes integrate animal performance and welfare as much as our products do. As experts in sustainable animal nutrition, we offer you the assurance that by using Sonac feed solutions, you are actively contributing to the wellbeing of animals and the planet we share.